Sunday, March 11, 2007

...the art of waiting...

we live in a world in which waiting is inevitable. its a game we play with each other. some of us are better at it than others but we all play it. i feel that the last few years of my life i have become very entwined with the waiting game. there is always something that i'm waiting for that takes my attention away from the here and now. the question that burns deep within my soul is this. am i ever going to be at a place in which i am content? not content in that i have nothing else to learn but content in that the grass will not always be greener. do you ever have this thought?

i have a month before i leave the country. its so hard to focus on the now, the things right in front of me, and i have some great things right in front of me.

but here is my fear...i'm looking forward so much to leaving. however one day, leaving will be today. when that time comes, will i be satisfied in where i am at....or will i want the pasture that waits my return.

2 comments:

jessica said...

brotha- our Father meant those words for me, too. a december post of captnS' on hope had some similar undertones for me as well. live, truely LIVE in the moment.
peace.

jessica said...

brotha- our Father meant these words for me, too. a december post of the captnS spoke a similar message for me as well. hmmm. to live, truely LIVE in the moment. In the beauty of moment God has given to me now. (and not next January when I may again be in your shoes.) Oh jealousy, you could rob me of so much.
peace.